Author Topic: Civil war update  (Read 621 times)

Offline Aeryo

• Sho-ko (Sergeant Major)
  • Medal of Activity 2nd Class
    • View Profile
  • CMS Profile Link
    • MWO World Championships 2016
    • Outpost Kampagne
Civil war update
« on: 14. March 2017, 20:58:01 »
https://mwomercs.com/civil-war-update :-D

Civil War Tech Update

The advancement of MechWarrior Online’s timeline allows us the opportunity to introduce new weapons and equipment to the game. These additions both narrow the gap between Inner Sphere and Clan technology as well as give each of the factions unique pieces of technology to equip on their 'Mechs.

Below is a list of the new pieces of technology we plan to include in the game, as well as a brief description for each of them. However, it should be noted that this list and its descriptions are provisional and may change for the sake of game balance as they continue through the design and testing process.

While the release of the Civil War ‘Mech packs coincide with the release of this new technology, all of the tech listed below will be releasing as standard in-game equipment on July 18th. Owning a Civil War pack is not required for purchasing and utilizing the new equipment in your MechLab.
« Last Edit: 14. March 2017, 21:10:30 by Aeryo »
MedalsMembership - 2 Years Recon by Force 

Offline John MacAllister

• Technical Manager
  • Sho-sa (Major)
  • Medal of Activity 1st Class
  • Kells Kojoten
    • View Profile
    • Error42.de
  • CMS Profile Link
    • Tsuneni Yotogi Orden
    • MWO Tournament Series (Beta)
    • Tukayyid 1
    • Tukayyid 2
    • Tukayyid 3
    • 3025 Season 1 - Solaris VII - 3025 Classic Tournament
    • 3025 Season 2 - 3025 Stockmech Tourney
    • Inner Sphere Wars Season 1
    • Outpost Kampagne
    • Steiner vs. Kurita
    • Chaptertreffen 2013
    • Chaptertreffen 2014
    • Chaptertreffen 2015
    • Chaptertreffen 2016
    • Chaptertreffen 2017
Re: Civil war update
« Reply #1 on: 14. March 2017, 21:07:20 »
Wichtig: Erst zuende Lesen dann aufregen. Das erste was man liest ist PreOrder und mein erster Gedanke war die wollen doch nicht das Techlevel nur gegen Echtgeld verfügbar machen. Aber die Preorder gilt nur für die Mechpacks. Die Waffen sind bei Veröffentlichung für alle verfügbar.

While the release of the Civil War ‘Mech packs coincide with the release of this new technology, all of the tech listed below will be releasing as standard in-game equipment on July 18th. Owning a Civil War pack is not required for purchasing and utilizing the new equipment in your MechLab.

Gruss Mac
MedalsMembership - 5 Years Conquerer of Planet Gunner - Legend David vs. Goliath - Gold Ehrenschuss - Silver Goliath vs David - Silver Supporter - Gold Brawler - Veteran Marksman - Veteran LRM Boot - Master Tsunami Der Quotentote Eye of the Grand Dragon I can has killz Kamikaze Last man standing Purple Heart Focus Fire - Veteran Lance Killer Commando - Elite Lance LOTM - Bronze Onkel Toms Auge - Bronze Recon by Force 

Offline Hachirou "Phidias86" Girisha

• Medal of Activity 3rd Class
    • View Profile
  • CMS Profile Link
    • Tukayyid 3
    • Outpost Kampagne
« Reply #2 on: 15. March 2017, 01:25:02 »
Someone got Tabletop-experience concerning the snub-nose PPC and Clan-ATMs? Sounds a little bit like the dawn of a new kind of dirty brawl... :keule:

Otherwise the IS seems to get a lot of tools to narrow the gap between Clan- and IS-Arsenal a bit. (at least if those Heavy Clan-Lasers don't get totally OP...)
MedalsMembership - 1 Year Gunner - Legend Vanquisher of Armies David vs Goliath - Bronze Ehrenschuss - Platin Supporter - Platin Brawler - Veteran Marksman - Elite Tsunami Scout - Veteran Der Quotentote Eye of the Grand Dragon I can has killz Purple Heart Focus Fire - Elite Lance Killer Commando - Elite Lance Recon by Force 

Offline Hatake "Storyteller" Matsumura

• Regimental Commander
  • Tai-sa (Colonel)
  • Legendary Poster
  • Shikata ga nai.
    • View Profile
    • Storytellers Mechwerkstatt
  • CMS Profile Link
    • Tukayyid 2
    • Tukayyid 3
    • Inner Sphere Wars Season 2
    • Outpost Kampagne
    • Steiner vs. Kurita
    • Chaptertreffen 2013
    • Chaptertreffen 2014
    • Chaptertreffen 2015
    • Chaptertreffen 2016
    • Chaptertreffen 2017
« Reply #3 on: 15. March 2017, 07:47:06 »
Sorry, only very little experience with tech Level 3067. Most from MW4.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G903F mit Tapatalk

MedalsMembership - 20 Years Gunner - Legend Vanquisher of Armies David vs Goliath - Silver Goliath vs David - Bronze Supporter - Platin Brawler - Master Marksman - Elite Tsunami Scout - Master Eye of the Dragon I can has killz Purple Heart Focus Fire - Elite Lance Killer Commando - Elite Lance 

Offline Hoshi "Terry" Toranaga

• Staff Member
  • Tai-i (Captain)
  • Kitsune
    • View Profile
  • CMS Profile Link
    • Tukayyid 3
    • Outpost Kampagne
    • Chaptertreffen 2017
« Reply #4 on: 15. March 2017, 09:33:04 »
I have not played TT in years (sadly) but from what I remember and BE AWARE TT CAN BE HUGELY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT IS IN GAME (see TT ECM, Gauss, PPC, etc. all hugely different stats than in game):

IS

While the IS LBX are heavier than Clan, I always liked them A LOT, especially on Dakka Mechs. It could be huge on Mechs like Mauler, Atlas, Warhammer, Rifleman,... LBX 2 is especially nice if you want to make a machine gun from hell...

IS Ultra ACs: In TT the larger ones were pretty useless to higher jam rates, we have to see how in game works out.

ER Lasers... well they are ER lasers... hehe have to see if IS also gets less burn duration than CLAN with the ERs which would make them cool.

IS Streaks... well I never liked streaks and I guess it will stay that way...

Light/Heavy Gauss: I loved those in TT, but Gauss is hard to balance, we see how they implement them. Builds like 4 light gauss Rifleman or 3 heavy gauss Mauler come to mind...

New machine guns... meh never liked them, have to see how crits work. Guess it will ne niche weapons.

MRM... This is huge for me. I love those. Basically a missile powered Autocannon. We have to see how they implement them and if huge spread will diminish them. But a MRM/AC/LBX brawler mech could shred any clanner to pieces faster than they could say Seyla.

Rocket Launcher... never liked disposable weapons, but huge alpha strike weapon.

Light and heavy PPC... light PPC was crap compared to lasers and Heavy was too much heat for the damage... so we will see how it is implemented.

Snub-Nose PPC... I honestly do not remember that weapon sorry.

Light Engine: This is for me the hugest things... Finally a good engine without side torso kills. Yes it is heavier than XL, but in TT it was not that huge of a difference. Most of the time you sacrificed 5kph for safety.

Light Ferro... I never used it.

Stealth Armor .... never used, as far as I know only useful in lights that have ECM.

Targetting computers - yay

Laser AMS - can be useful, but only if you have the heatsinks to back it up.

CLANS

Machine guns... meh
Micro Lasers... meh
Heavy Lasers... welcome to Clan version of brawl Laser vomit... have to see how it will be balanced and how much damage they do vs heat.
Light Tag... meh
ATM... This is huge. Basically brawl type LRMs you cannot run into to mitigate damage output as when you get nearer you take more damage.
Light Active Probe... very nice. Combine LRM mech with ECM, Targetting Computer III, this and ATM missiles... = monster.
Laser AMS... see above.

As I said in game variantes can be HUGELY different...
Hoshi "Terry" Toranaga

MedalsMembership - 1 Year Gunner - Nemesis Vanquisher of Armies David vs Goliath - Bronze Ehrenschuss - Silver Supporter - Platin Brawler - Master Marksman - Elite Tsunami Scout - Veteran Eye of the Dragon I can has killz Last man standing Purple Heart Focus Fire - Elite Lance Killer Commando - Elite Lance Recon by Force 

Offline Hatake "Storyteller" Matsumura

• Regimental Commander
  • Tai-sa (Colonel)
  • Legendary Poster
  • Shikata ga nai.
    • View Profile
    • Storytellers Mechwerkstatt
  • CMS Profile Link
    • Tukayyid 2
    • Tukayyid 3
    • Inner Sphere Wars Season 2
    • Outpost Kampagne
    • Steiner vs. Kurita
    • Chaptertreffen 2013
    • Chaptertreffen 2014
    • Chaptertreffen 2015
    • Chaptertreffen 2016
    • Chaptertreffen 2017
« Reply #5 on: 15. March 2017, 09:46:45 »
Thank's for the feedback, Terry.

Just because of the Light XL I am looking forward to the update.
But I try not to be too excited, because of all the whining lately when it comes to changes.
Expect the biggest cryouts from the Clanners of course.

If it gets into the game and it boosts the IS properly, I think there will be a shift of power in faction play.
Bigger and better units will try out the new IS weapons and if they performe well, the Clanners will have a hard time.
But if the Clan whiners have their way ...
MedalsMembership - 20 Years Gunner - Legend Vanquisher of Armies David vs Goliath - Silver Goliath vs David - Bronze Supporter - Platin Brawler - Master Marksman - Elite Tsunami Scout - Master Eye of the Dragon I can has killz Purple Heart Focus Fire - Elite Lance Killer Commando - Elite Lance 

Offline Mercur

• Kashira (Talon Sergeant)
  • Activ Poster
    • View Profile
  • CMS Profile Link
    • Tsuneni Yotogi Orden
« Reply #6 on: 15. March 2017, 18:58:55 »
Also für die IS lohnt es sich vielleicht doch etwas mehr als für die Claner.
 :floet:

OK, von Light und Heavie-Gaus halte ich nicht wirklich viel und auch die
MRM sind ohne Aufschaltung sicher nicht wirklich viel wert - zumal sie ja
sehr viel wiegen und dafür wenig Damage rüberbringen. Aber für Leute
mit jeder Menge C-Bills (als Ersatz für die zu vielen Module^^) lohnt sich
sicher bei den Mediums und Heavies der Light-Reaktor dort wo man bis
jetzt wegen Nahkampffähigkeiten nur einen Standard drinnen hat - so
man alle Slots nicht für die Kühlkörper braucht.
 :denk:

Bei den kleinen Clan-Mechs bin ich gespannt, welchen DPS die bei noch
verträglicher Hitze mit ihren Heavie-MG's und Micro-Pulslasern auf Short
rüberbringen. Da wird so mancher "Arctic Cheater" wohl auf einen ERLL
und jede Menge sehr leichte Waffen wechseln können ohne dabei im
Nahkampf zu viel Kampfkraft zu verlieren.
 :shock:
Lieber tot als Zweiter!
MedalsMembership - 2 Years Ehrenschuss - Silver Scout - Veteran Der Quotentote Eye of the Dragon Eye of the Grand Dragon Kamikaze Last man standing Recon by Force 

Offline Izamu "Exard" Noguchi

• Rekrutierungsoffizier a.D.
  • Chu-i (Lieutenant)
  • Activ Poster
    • View Profile
  • CMS Profile Link
    • Tukayyid 3
    • Chaptertreffen 2017
« Reply #7 on: 15. March 2017, 19:56:56 »
Quote from: Hoshi "Terry" Toranaga
...[/quote

Check heavy Gauss slots.....11 (AC20 has 10) according to sarna.  Max 1 gauss per component. And Most Mechs wont bei able to Use Them because of actuators or XL Engine slots. So side-torso + Std engine only.

MRM performance will depend on mechanics. 40 damage at 50m distance in a single Missile slot? May turn SRMs obsolete depending on how PGI will implement them.

Light Engine + Light ferro will be great for mechbuilding. So many New possibilities....

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
« Last Edit: 15. March 2017, 21:23:19 by Izamu "Exard" Noguchi »
MedalsMembership - 1 Year Conquerer of Planet Gunner - Grim Reaper Brawler - Master Marksman - Elite LRM Boot - Veteran Tsunami Scout - Master Der Quotentote Kamikaze Purple Heart Focus Fire - Elite Lance Killer Commando - Elite Lance Recon by Force 

Offline Sean "Crashingmail" Yoshioka

• Administrator
  • Senior Master Chief Petty Officer
  • Medal of Activity 1st Class
  • Doragon o tataemasu
    • View Profile
    • 36th Dieron Regulars - Kurita Linienregiment
  • CMS Profile Link
    • Tsuneni Yotogi Orden
    • Tukayyid 3
    • Outpost Kampagne
    • Steiner vs. Kurita
    • Chaptertreffen 2013
    • Chaptertreffen 2014
    • Chaptertreffen 2015
    • Chaptertreffen 2017
« Reply #8 on: 16. March 2017, 11:33:17 »
Honestly i could not resist and bought Uziel and Anni standard packages.
Let's wait then and also for the new weapons and equipment, as this should then arrive as well on july 18th.

Hmmm Atlas D-DC with Light Fusion and LB20-X and MRM ... sounds yummi
« Last Edit: 16. March 2017, 11:35:05 by Sean "Crashingmail" Yoshioka »
Doragon o tataemasu

SMCPO Crashingmail  |  Web: www.36thdieron.de  |  Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS
MedalsMembership - 5 Years Gunner - Legend Vanquisher of Armies David vs Goliath - Silver Ehrenschuss - Silver Goliath vs David - Gold Sharpshooter - 3rd Class Supporter - Gold Brawler - Veteran Marksman - Elite Tsunami Scout - Veteran Der Quotentote I can has killz Last man standing Purple Heart Killer Commando - Elite Lance 

• Chu-i (Lieutenant)
  • Activ Poster
    • View Profile
  • CMS Profile Link
    • Tukayyid 3
    • Chaptertreffen 2017
« Reply #9 on: 16. March 2017, 12:29:54 »

Hmmm Atlas D-DC with Light Fusion and LB20-X and MRM ... sounds yummi

Or Mechs with few hardpoints...Vindicator Heavy PPC +  MRM. Atlas-k with Heavy Gauss+Mrm.
 Every mech gets a new replay value. I May even buy a Zeus or Vindicator in Spring to get ready for July :)

Heavy PPC, Snub Nose.....I'm so gonna love them

MedalsMembership - 1 Year Conquerer of Planet Gunner - Grim Reaper Brawler - Master Marksman - Elite LRM Boot - Veteran Tsunami Scout - Master Der Quotentote Kamikaze Purple Heart Focus Fire - Elite Lance Killer Commando - Elite Lance Recon by Force 

Offline Joshua "Gaookami" O'Connell

• Medal of Activity 3rd Class
    • View Profile
  • CMS Profile Link
    • Chaptertreffen 2015
« Reply #10 on: 17. March 2017, 20:50:32 »
Light Active Probe... very nice. Combine LRM mech with ECM, Targetting Computer III, this and ATM missiles... = monster.

Hey folks,

did I miss something during my forced absence or since when is TC buffing missiles or do you mean for scan range (to compensate) as target info doesn't mean you lock on faster (if I am not mistaken)

Nevertheless a great round up Terry  :ok:

Cheers
Gao
Gelber Vogel fliegt
Grauer Drache weise flieht
Ehre ist mir Pflicht

Red petals flying
Life is flowing so do I
Leaving signs behind
MedalsMembership - 5 Years Gunner - Nemesis Supporter - Bronze Brawler - Veteran Marksman - Veteran LRM Boot - Veteran Taifun Der Quotentote Eye of the Grand Dragon Last man standing Focus Fire - Veteran Lance Killer Commando - Elite Lance 

• Chu-i (Lieutenant)
  • Activ Poster
    • View Profile
  • CMS Profile Link
    • Tukayyid 3
    • Chaptertreffen 2017
« Reply #11 on: 17. March 2017, 21:23:51 »
I was just thinking about that stealth armor...on forest colony, bog and maps during night this is quite powerful. Invisible to heat- and night vision in Forest colony? Fuck yeah!

And most light Mechs have spare slots to use it. Hf hitting a Pirates Bane or Spider at night. For bigger Mechs you have to sacrifice endosteel to use it. Full Stealth Atlas D-DC?

I guess this will be the most overpowered upgrade in the tier 5-3 bracket while still being powerful in Tier 1.

« Last Edit: 17. March 2017, 21:42:44 by Izamu "Exard" Noguchi »

Offline Mercur

• Activ Poster
    • View Profile
  • CMS Profile Link
    • Tsuneni Yotogi Orden
« Reply #12 on: 19. March 2017, 14:41:42 »
Hab mal gerade nachgeschaut wo bei meinen 50 Mechs noch ein Light-Engine den Standard ersetzen muss bzw. im Umkehrschluss der XL für einen Light raus müsste und war überrascht denn letzteres würde ich nicht tun und somit weiterhin sehr viele XL fahren Bei den sehr
wenigen Standards fällt das Urteil auch gemischt aus...
Bei meinem CPLT-Jester wird es z.B. etwas kritisch - der könnte zwar etwas mehr Speed gebrauchen (z.Z. nur 65km/h) aber jede noch vorhandene Zeile ist mit Waffen und Doppelkühlkörpern vollgestopft.
 :motz:
Bei meinem CN9-AL brauche ich wohl kaum mehr Speed (95km/h) und mit 2 Tonnen mehr Zuladung könnte ich auch nichts mehr anfangen da alle 78 Zeilen voll sind und so Ferro raus muss od. 2 Doppelkühlkörper wodurch die Kiste dann doch zu schnell zum kochen kommt...
 :wall:
Ganz anders sieht es mit meinem STK-4N aus. Der hat noch 6 freie Slots und ein paar freie Tonnen mehr lassen mir die Chance den etwas schneller zu machen (akt. nur 55km/h) und/ oder noch eine SRM bzw. einen Laser einzubauen denn von beiden habe ich noch je einen
Waffenslot frei.

Bei den Waffen bin ich auch am Überlegen aber da muss man ja eh' abwarten, wie die das mit der Umsetzung hinkriegen bzw. was da "geschraubt" wird um die Fähig-/ und Möglichkeiten dieser neuen Waffen zu verbessern bzw. zu minimieren.
 :denk:
So fahre ich ja eine meiner 2 CDA-3M sehr oft mit 2x ER-LL und 1x MG (0,5t Mun) + ECM. An der Platte sind die 2 ER-LL = 10t Zuladung, 24 Hitze, 19 Zoll Range und 16 Damage. Mit 3x Light-PPC's wären das 9t, 15 Hitze auf 18 Zoll mit 15 Damage Also unter dem Strich weniger 1 Zoll Range, 9 Hitze, 1 Schadenspunkt und eine Tonne weniger Gewicht (bei übrigens 2 Slots mehr) was aber kein Problem in der CDA-3M ist. Also an der Platte wäre es klar - 3 Light-PPC's rein und noch ein Small-Puls-Laser als Unterstützung für das MG auf Short  bzw. gleich mit 4x Light-PPC ohne MG und dem geringfügigen Verzicht auf Speed! Hier befürchte ich jedoch exorbitante Hitzeprobleme bei nur 3 od. gar 4x Light-PPC's obwohl die Kiste eigentlich kühler laufen müsste als mit nur 2x ER-LL!
 :?:
Lieber tot als Zweiter!
MedalsMembership - 2 Years Ehrenschuss - Silver Scout - Veteran Der Quotentote Eye of the Dragon Eye of the Grand Dragon Kamikaze Last man standing Recon by Force 

• Chu-i (Lieutenant)
  • Activ Poster
    • View Profile
  • CMS Profile Link
    • Tukayyid 3
    • Chaptertreffen 2017
« Reply #13 on: 19. March 2017, 16:24:55 »
Light Engine wird sicher die neue Standardengine für die meisten Mechs werden. Und je nach Mech wird man dann ab und zu sagen "oh da geh ich lieber auf XL / Std", wobei Std engine sicher fast komplett ausstirbt.

So Mechs wie Marauder, Archer, Battlemaster, Mauler, Zeus oder Orion, aber auch Mediums wie Shadow Hawk, Crab oder Hunchback sind Mechs für mich, die sofort ne Light Engine bekommen, die auch nie mehr ausgebaut wird. Hab teils sogar schon durchgerechnet.

Light Engine hilft insbesondere den  IS Heavies/Assaults enorm, die man nur mit schlechtem Gewissen mit XL gefahren ist, also den meisten. Gegenüber ner Std werden dann 5-10 Tonnen frei bei ner 300er bis 350er. Genug um Endo auszubauen für Slots oder die Kiste schneller zu bekommen oder Firepower signifikant zu erhöhen.

Light wird die neue Wunderengine der IS für die meisten Spieler. Wenn die Strukturquirks bleiben, werden die Clans kotzen

« Last Edit: 19. March 2017, 16:31:11 by Izamu "Exard" Noguchi »

Offline Aeryo

• View Profile
  • CMS Profile Link
    • Outpost Kampagne
« Reply #14 on: 19. March 2017, 16:31:37 »
Denke das durch die ganzen Neuerungen eine Balance ohne Quirks angestrebt wird. Frage ist ob sie das durch erhöhen der Möglichkeiten wirklich einfacher hingekommen werden :denk:.
Aber sooo viele neue Möglichkeiten ist supi :ok:
MedalsMembership - 2 Years Recon by Force